Thursday 13 January 2011

Collection 100, Research Proposal.

I like bags.  But I don't think that's enough...

I've always found what's inside a persons' bag interesting, in the least intrusive way possible.  I think these types of objects can say a lot about a person, and sometimes reveal something surprising.

My subject area is:
Objects- contents within peoples bags.
I am going to collect/ record/ document:
Photographs; opinions; facts; words.
Possible categories will include:
Difference of contents within different age groups and sexes.
Objects of interest- something different that you wouldn't expect.

How will you research?
Primary Research:
Asking people directly.
Generating statistics.
Secondary Research:
Books/ internet.

Who/ Where/ What will you research?
Primary Sources:
Photographs of contents and the bag they belong to.
Opinions of what people think "should" be in a bag.
Secondary Sources:
The internet will hopefully have some information on what the contents of a persons bag tells you about that person.
Perhaps books on a persons belongings... and/ or bags in general.

What form and quantity will be produced?
Primary Material:
Obtaining as many peoples contents as possible to get a wide range of information, all documented on my blog.
Secondary Material:
Relevant information that will help me further my project and perhaps focus more specifically on a certain area.

No comments:

Post a Comment