Wednesday 2 February 2011

Primary research, "What would you buy?"

Because the total amount of money within my survey of 100 bags was £63.77 I divided that amount by 100 to get an amount that would represent 1 persons bag.  The answer was 63 pence.  I then asked 100 people what they would buy with that amount of money.  Here are the results:


Asking people directly:


"A Greggs sausage roll"


"I'd go down to the shop and...er..get a series of small snickers, so they make a large snickers.  I'd have about 17p left over, so i'd look around the other shops and because i'm thirsty, i'd get a carton of drink.  Then i'd have about 5p left.  I'd go to the cornershop and get a 5p snake (sweet)."
OR
"A rubicon mango and two snakes."


"A twirl.  And save the 3p for later"


"Cadbury Dairy Milk"


I also sent out a group message on facebook entitled 'What would you buy with 63 pence?'
Here are the results on that one:



























From my research I have found that almost everyone would have spent the money on food.  Moreso, on snacks that weren't part of a meal so therefore it is arguable that this food is not needed and the money could be spent on something more 'useful'.












No comments:

Post a Comment