Thursday 19 January 2012

Movement / / Shapes / / ..Genius.


By closing one drawer of the table you cause another to shoot out at random.  The project won second prize at the [D3] Contest at imm cologne. 
Playful design.  This is what I need to remember as a general rule.  This, for me is a big part of design, taking something totally ordinary and reinventing it, placing it in a new context- a new perspective on the mundane- the done / / the re- done...etc.

In particular for my sequence within AfterEffects, movement is obviously key.  This has focused my attention on sequential movement, highlighting the question- what happens to other aspects of my design when one aspect moves.  It would work visually for everything to flow- but this design shows that it doesn't have to necessarily flow as you may expect it to.


No comments:

Post a Comment