Wednesday 18 January 2012

This is very interesting.

'Gravity' / /
Jolan Van Der Weil



This is the exact kind of thing that I find fascinating.  I try to incorporate some kind of self directed 'quest' for knowledge and understanding of something I didn't before in the majority of my projects.
Designer Jólan van der Wiel has created a machine for shaping stools using gravity and magnets. The machine and its outcomes are on display as part of the [D3] Contest for young designers at imm cologne in Germany.
I can see this process being applied in many different ways, it's definitely something I want to research into further.

However, in relation to the project at hand, this process creates shapes / / textures / / colours that would work well layered up and cut up, I can visualise more clearly how I want my sequence to look.  The close-up shots, depth of field, panning, all give the video a tone that makes you take it seriously, it has an aura of intelligence and confidence.  Take note.  Take on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment